Monday, July 30, 2012

Travel to Seattle


This morning we went to the ginormous bookstore in Portland and Simone got to browse until lunch time. Afterwards we walked a few blocks away where they have all these food trucks that start opening about 11am. There's a large variety of cuisines as you would expect. Thai, French, Mexican, Chinese, Indonesian, American, Italian and many more. I chose my lunch from an American truck I read about. I didn't take a photo because it was a rolled up flatbread, so not too much to take a photo of. Simone had a burrito.



No rendang but some other good Indo food.

Simone's burrito, cost $7 with drink. That's a full size lunch and value you can't complain about!

Photo of the parking lot with all the trucks. It got really busy towards 12, understandably. If I worked here I would go here for lunch every day for sure.

After lunch Simone wanted to get some donuts from Voodoo Doughnut. Unfortunately there was a line out the door, and it wasn't moving very fast either. So we gave it a miss.

On the road to Seattle, riding in style, reading a book!

In the evening we went to the only place close to the hotel, Gregory's Bar and Grill. Appetizers were good, both mains were average. I had the hotwings, Simone had the chicken quesadilla.


For my main I had the chicken fettuccine alfredo. The chicken was overcooked and dry, and you could tell it wasn't prepared with any kind of care or love - the chicken wasn't cut properly, was burned in places and the pasta wasn't tossed properly. Very average.

Simone's cheeseburger was also a letdown, with dry bread. She only ate the patty which in itself was average.

Tomorrow we fly to Alaska to start our tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment