Monday, July 23, 2012

Las Vegas! Day 1

We made it to Vegas! It was a bit up in the air after both our flights with United were delayed by several hours. From the rude and useless person at the check-in, to the delays, old planes, standing on the tarmac waiting for a gate to open...it was not a pleasant experience and I don't think we'll be flying United again.

But the good news was that the Hard Rock Hotel is only minutes from the airport and we took a taxi and checked in at 00:30. We got upgraded to a fancier room, it has a nice view and proper chairs and big beds! The smell of weed was complementary too.

So after felling into bed and a good night's sleep we took off today for a walk around the strip. It has changed dramatically from the last time I was here many years ago, it's like a big theme park and adult playground. Some pics from the afternoon:










For Ina :)




In the evening we had a reservation at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon, the first real fancy restaurant I had picked out following some research I did. This one is a bit different in that you sit around the kitchen, you can watch the chefs prepare the food. We both chose the tasting menu, pic below. The food was fantastic, I think the two outstanding courses for me were the langoustines and the beef.


I did not order the $15000 bottle of wine. I had a cocktail instead :)






This is the second course, I didn't take a photo of the amuse because it just looked like a glass of foam. The following pics are all in order.










1 comment:

  1. How on earth did you loose wieght! All the food looks absolutely yummy. I want to go - Tricia

    ReplyDelete